Planned legislative changes (ESOS – Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme) will soon oblige landlords to make expensive energy efficiency improvements to their properties.
Avoid future costs, increase yields, and improve your CSR profile by acting now…
Energy Savings Opportunity Scheme (ESOS)
ESOS is a mandatory energy assessment scheme for organisations in the UK that meet the qualification criteria. The criteria on the 31st December 2014 are as follows:
- An undertaking with 250 or more employees
- An undertaking with less than 250 employees, but has:
- Annual turnover exceeding 50m euros
- Balance sheet is exceeding 43m euros
- Part of a corporate group which includes an undertaking which meets criteria (1) or (2) above
By 5 December 2015 qualifying organisations must carry out their ESOS assessment and notify the Environment Agency, and subsequently every 4 years after.
Click here for more information from the government on ESOS
How can I take advantage before these legislative changes come into place?
By installing either one of our commercial renewable technologies:
Free Solar PV: Returns of over 15%. Much better than any interest rate in a bank!
How can I fund my renewable energy project?
There are a number of funding options. Our page explains lease financing and funded PPA’s (Power Purchase Agreement). Below is a specific example of a company offering funded PPA’s that we recommend.
Improve your CSR and increase property valuation: Calleva Community Energy (CCE)
CCE are a social enterprise, meaning that all profits are reinvested into the company or the community for a social good.
- Landlord gets improved property valuation, excellent CSR and ESOS requirements at no extra cost
- Tenant gets cheap electricity
- CCE collects feed-in tariff. Profits go to further efficiency measures, and community fuel-poverty action groups